Upstream Yocto Bringing in GCC 10

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Mon May 18 03:19:39 AEST 2020

Ready or not, this weeks upstream update brought in GCC 10 (along with the normal slew of new packages).

The only upstream change I found we needed was a backport of a nlohmann-json GCC 10 fix[1]

For OpenBMC, we had a few minor changes spread across the repos[2]

Would appreciate if we could get our changes in quickly (before more upstream changes break other things).

With the above changes I verified we could build witherspoon and it booted up in QEMU.

If you’d like to pull the changes in for your own testing:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/openbmc/+/32482/

Thanks!
Andrew

[1]: https://github.com/openembedded/meta-openembedded/pull/232