Reducing fragmentation in OpenBMC

Vijay Khemka vijaykhemka at fb.com
Sat May 16 07:07:36 AEST 2020

On 5/15/20, 11:19 AM, "openbmc on behalf of Jae Hyun Yoo" <openbmc-bounces+vijaykhemka=fb.com at lists.ozlabs.org on behalf of jae.hyun.yoo at linux.intel.com> wrote:

    Hi Jeremy,

    On 5/15/2020 3:45 AM, Jeremy Kerr wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    >>   - Keep pushing on upstream. Sometimes this can delay things, but I
    >> really think that's almost always false economy; the out-of-tree
    >> patches will have to be addressed at some point, and that job just
    >> gets more involved as time passes.
    >
    > One of the lagging items here is the amount of kernel patches pending
    > in:
    >

    > https://github.com/Intel-BMC/openbmc/tree/intel/meta-openbmc-mods/meta-common/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-aspeed
    >
    > Intel folks: any objections if I grab select patches from there and
    > work on the upstreaming process? Or are you already working on this?

    First of all, thank you for your initiating this discussion. Obviously,
    it should be done but I couldn't put enough time to make it.

    I don't have any objection on that. It would be really helpful if you
    grab patches from there for upstreaming. Please let me know if you need
    any help or clarification from me or from Intel during the upstreaming.

    Thanks,

    Jae

If there are any other feature patches available in Intel-BMC tree which can be
upstreamed to openbmc repo, please let community know so anyone who has
bandwidth can grab those patches and upstream it rather than making a copy
to their local repo.