Openbmc-test-automation checking service root URL "/"

Joseph Reynolds jrey at linux.ibm.com
Fri May 15 01:33:35 AEST 2020

On 5/14/20 6:32 AM, David Wang (王振宇) wrote:

> Hello George:
>
> I’m trying to test BMC with test_service_root.robot in
> openbmc-test-automation.
>
> However there’s a problem that robot tried to check  “/”,  “/redfish”,
>  “/redfish/v1”  URL in redfish,
>
> but it seems there’s no “/” as a service root node in bmcweb.
>
> Should it exist? Do you have any suggestion about this?

The Redfish spec (DSP0266, section "Service Root Request") specifies the
service root as /redfish/v1.
It also specifies the (in the "Protocol version" section) what GET
/redfish should return.
It does not specify what "/" should return.
To see supported URIs, see
https://github.com/openbmc/bmcweb/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt

I understand GET requests for URI "/" to return the web app, if
BMCWEB_ENABLE_STATIC_HOSTING is enabled and the web app is present. See
https://github.com/openbmc/bmcweb/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt#L49
and https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-webui

- Joseph