Storing host data on the BMC

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Mon May 11 22:07:19 AEST 2020

Hello Sunitha,

Intel has already made significant progress on this problem domain and
we seem to be fairly converged on the design direction [1,2].  Have you
read through their design proposal?  Are there any oversights in their
design that would affect your needs?

Their design has been on-going for months now.  I don't think it is
appropriate to start from scratch on the design discussions unless there
is something fundamentally broken about their direction.

1. https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/docs/+/29320
2. https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/phosphor-dbus-interfaces/+/18242

I thought there was even some implementation started in bmcweb for this
feature.

--
Patrick Williams