use the LTC2990 monitors the temperature

Milton Miller II miltonm at us.ibm.com
Wed May 6 22:11:46 AEST 2020

On May 5, 2020 abou 9:39PM in some timezone, hgfcc <lemon_zhang555 at 163.com> wrote:

>Hello, I use the LTC2990 to monitor the motherboard temperature. But
>the LTC2990 has four monitoring pins. How can I configure it to
>specify which pin I use. For example, I only used the second and
>third pins.

The configuration of the LTC2990 is set in the device tree, see the
binding document in the kernel:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/hwmon/ltc2990.txt

However, when I look at the datasheet, I see any way to use only
pins 2 and 3.  You can skip the measurements of pins 1 and 2 or
pins 3 and 4 or just the internal measurements.

milton