openbmc build issue.

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Tue May 5 01:53:12 AEST 2020

> On Apr 30, 2020, at 1:23 AM, Kumar Thangavel <thangavel.k at hcl.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> YV2 Build failing in latest LF openbmc master. PFB the reason and the detailed log file. Please let me know if there are suggestions to resolve.
> ERROR: obmc-phosphor-image-1.0-r0 do_generate_static: Image '/home/velu/buildtest/openbmc/build/tmp/work/yosemitev2-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/obmc-phosphor-image/1.0-r0/deploy-obmc-phosphor-image-image-complete/obmc-phosphor-image-yosemitev2.squashfs-xz' is too large!

Hi Kumar, you’ve exceeded the allowed size for you rootfs. You’ll need
to pull some functions out. The biggest bang for your buck if possible
is to remove python usage. Otherwise, you’ll need to find some functions
to pull out.

What probably caused this is upstream moved from python2 to
python3. python3 takes significantly more space in the image.