TelemetryService - all pieces delivered, help needed

Adrian Ambrożewicz adrian.ambrozewicz at linux.intel.com
Wed Jul 1 20:41:26 AEST 2020

Hello everyone,

Thanks to commitment of Piotr Matuszczak, Jozef Wludzik and Krzysztof
Grobelny we are finally able to publish all pieces of OpenBMC Telemetry
solution designed here:
https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/designs/telemetry.md

Application sources:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/telemetry/+/34273

DBus interface specification:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/phosphor-dbus-interfaces/+/34095

Redfish frontend:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/bmcweb/+/31692 and several
on top of that.

I would like to invite all interested parties to participate in
reviewing the code and making it part of OpenBMC solution.

We have more challenges ahead of us, which we will try to address as
next steps:
- enabling Jenkins build (will appreciate hints here on getting started),
- enabling automated UT execution, formatting etc,
- working on new features, as whole design was not yet addressed.

Regards,
Adrian