Seeking advice on building and using kdump with OpenBMC.

Bruce Mitchell Bruce.Mitchell at ibm.com
Wed Dec 2 11:10:36 AEDT 2020

In addition both Yocto and OpenBMC have kexec / kdump in the
poky/meta/recipes-kernel/kexec/kexec-tools directories and
poky/meta/recipes-kernel/kexec/kexec-tools_2.0.20.bb .  So I  am looking
for guidance on what the higher level perspective is beyond just pulling in
kdump and building a BMC.  I assume there is configuration that both Yocto
and OpenBMC have kexec / kdump in the
poky/meta/recipes-kernel/kexec/kexec-tools directories and
poky/meta/recipes-kernel/kexec/kexec-tools_2.0.20.bb .  So I  am looking
for guidance on what the higher level perspective is beyond just pulling in
kdump and building a BMC.  I assume there is configuration that are more
useful for the OpenBMC community.

Seeking advice on building and using kdump with OpenBMC.
Are there any Best Known Methods?
Any troubles and/or issues to lookout for?
What should I avoid?

Are there any security concerns?

Thank you!

--