Tioga Pass OpenBMC 2.8

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Fri Aug 28 22:44:33 AEST 2020

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 09:38:55PM +0000, Neil Bradley wrote:
> Thank you Patrick! Yes, indeed on Tioga Pass the RGMII (second interface) goes to the i210. Odd that it'd get added but no one uses it?

Facebook designed the Tioga Pass server and we use the NC-SI path on
that server.  Since the server was designed for OCP, we recognize NC-SI
isn't always the preferred path for everyone, so we included the other
interface even thought we don't use it ourselves.

There was work at one point to qualify the second interface, but that
work was done on an old kernel branch and never sent upstream.  Since the
faraday driver had a large rewrite, I would be surprised if this patch
applies cleanly to the 5.x series, but here it is:

https://github.com/facebook/openbmc-linux/commit/eae4bbfbcb8faa091c089f9a367964b0eacd9ba1#diff-157e77f59ffce03237d949d9318dbff4

--
Patrick Williams