Sensor history

Vijay Khemka vijaykhemka at fb.com
Wed Apr 15 05:01:11 AEST 2020

On 4/13/20, 1:39 PM, "Brad Bishop" <bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com> wrote:

    at 5:00 PM, Vernon Mauery <vernon.mauery at linux.intel.com> wrote:

    > On 30-Mar-2020 08:02 PM, Vijay Khemka wrote:
    >> Is there any implementation for reading sensor history. Please point me
    >> to the repo or code base.
    > I do not believe that the BMC is storing any sensor history.

    There were some interfaces added to the openpower namespace for this kind
    of thing.
    https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-dbus-interfaces/tree/master/org/open_power/Sensor/Aggregation/History

    The application implementing them is in the phosphor-power repository
    (power-supply).

    > To get this, you would need to poll the sensors and store the values on
    > another machine.

    To implement the Redfish Telemetry service would we need to store them on
    the BMC as well?
It will be nice if we can store it in RAM at least with larger data and some diskspace
With small log rotate.

    -brad