PECI sensor rename

Derek Lin23 dlin23 at lenovo.com
Fri Sep 20 16:21:26 AEST 2019

Hi Team:

          I have a question for how to rename PECI sensor in cpu-sensor.
          Currently, I am using peci-dimmtemp & peci-cputemp drivers under Kernel to read DIMM and CPU temperatures.
          So, under /sys/class/hwmon directories, I can find the corresponding CPU & DIMM label names and temperatures.

          Now, my question is how do I change the label names of each corresponding temperature in cpu-sensor component.

          Here is the snapshot of my cpu-sensor using busctl. My goal is to show temperature name to be something else other than "Die_CPU1" or "DIMM_C1_CPU1".

                    root at abc/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon23# busctl tree --no-page xyz.openbmc_project.CPUSensor
                   /xyz/openbmc_project/sensors
      mq/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/temperature
        tq/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/temperature/Core_0_CPU1
        tq/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/temperature/Core_10_CPU1
        tq/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/temperature/Core_11_CPU1
        tq/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/temperature/Core_12_CPU1
        tq/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/temperature/Core_13_CPU1
        tq/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/temperature/Core_14_CPU1
        tq/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/temperature/Core_15_CPU1
        tq/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/temperature/Core_17_CPU1
        tq/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/temperature/Core_2_CPU1
        tq/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/temperature/Core_3_CPU1
        tq/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/temperature/Core_4_CPU1
        tq/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/temperature/Core_5_CPU1
        tq/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/temperature/Core_6_CPU1
        tq/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/temperature/Core_7_CPU1
        tq/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/temperature/Core_9_CPU1
        tq/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/temperature/DIMM_C1_CPU1
        tq/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/temperature/DIMM_C2_CPU1
        mq/xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/temperature/Die_CPU1

          I understand that "Die" comes from peci-cputemp driver and "DIMM_C1" comes from peci-dimmtemp driver. Besides rewriting the label names in the drivers, do I have other options?

Thank you,

Derek