Moving kernel to Linux 5.3

Vijay Khemka vijaykhemka at fb.com
Wed Sep 18 04:47:48 AEST 2019

On 9/16/19, 3:14 AM, "openbmc on behalf of Joel Stanley" <openbmc-bounces+vijaykhemka=fb.com at lists.ozlabs.org on behalf of joel at jms.id.au> wrote:

    With Linux v5.3 tagged today I've created an openbmc tree based on this release.

    We have 120 patches in dev-5.3. Of these, 56 are backported from
    upstream, leaving 64 out of tree patches. These out of tree patches
    include long standing mtd and fan controller changes, the aging PECI
    patch set, and a few Nuvoton drivers.

    Most of the patches from dev-5.2 are carried over. One exception is
    the aspeed i2c experiments, which I have asked Jae to post upstream
    for review before we include them again.

Thanks Joel, I have tested it for our tiogapass platform and it works perfectly fine.

    This tree contains support for the ast2600 that was merged in 5.4.

    I have tested on ast2400 (palmetto), ast2500 (romulus), ast2600
    (palmetto), both hardware and qemu (aspeed-4.2 branch). Further
    testing and a +1 of this review would be appreciated:

     https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gerrit.openbmc-2Dproject.xyz_c_openbmc_meta-2Daspeed_-2B_25213&d=DwIBaQ&c=5VD0RTtNlTh3ycd41b3MUw&r=v9MU0Ki9pWnTXCWwjHPVgpnCR80vXkkcrIaqU7USl5g&m=Yw3Ukecmy_jJJkqICid7Dz7Jgp-2K82-rqSM1uz49Ik&s=uBBOxHgbJDYjn6yWFNNg9cXIpAFvPQzCiZCnvqdzkgA&e=

    Cheers,

    Joel