capability to stop all bmc recovery

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 07:15:46 AEST 2019

Greetings,

It's a common request among our lab team that brings up our OpenBMC managed
servers to be able to disable all recovery actions on the BMC. This is so they
can stop on errors and debug issues with the host without the BMC rebooting
the host or itself. Our manufacturing team also requires this at times to
ensure the system stops on failures.

Story https://github.com/ibm-openbmc/dev/issues/990 tracks this work along
with some discussion on the requirements.

Up to this point we've tended to give our users busctl commands but as we've
seen, those can change over time and new one's are going to be required going
forward. It seems best for our users to wrap these in a obmcutil command.

If anyone is interested in collaborating or has input on the design direction
feel free to respond to this email or post to the github issue. I plan on
starting work on this over the next few weeks.

Thanks,
Andrew