Platform telemetry and health monitoring

Kun Yi kunyi at google.com
Wed Jun 12 04:24:28 AEST 2019

Neeraj mentioned he will send out the meeting minutes. He will also look
into setting up a wiki page holding the contents as well as minutes.

A few quick notes from top of my head from the kick-off meeting:
- did a round table, all the orgs have similar requirements
- need to look into how existing infra fit into the needs and what falls
short
- will have workstreams for:
    - what to collect
    - how to collect
    - how to store
    - how to export
- collectd sounds interesting and promising for collecting metrics
- IPMI SELs have limitations as an event reporting mechanism, possibly need
to have a new events or error log reporting mechanism to aggregate fault
logs from different components
- will need to look into Redish and expand the specs as necessary to fit
our needs

--
Regards,
Kun