Dynamic Configuration of phosphor-host-ipmid sensors

Tom Joseph tomjose at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Jul 26 02:43:38 AEST 2019

If you are pursuing a run-time configuration for the sensors, my
preference will be a json.
On OpenPower systems the sensors numbers are fixed between the BIOS and
BMC. So json will
give a provision to share the sensor numbers and SDR info between the
two parties.

Right now the sensor yaml's are generated from a machine readable
workbook(MRW) using scripts.
(https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-mrw-tools). Once this switches to
json, script has to take
care of that. It will generate extra work for some of the OpenPower systems.