Question on upstreaming and release planning

David Thompson dthompson at mellanox.com
Tue Jan 29 02:20:41 AEDT 2019

Hello all,

I work for Mellanox Technologies and we've have been using OpenBMC
for a while now.  We hope to upstream the code contributions that
support our machine (called "bluewhale-ast2500") which is a hardware
platform based on ASPEED AST2500.

We have a new meta-layer at:
$TOP/meta-mellanox/meta-bluewhale-ast2500/
which holds the supporting files for our machine.

What's the process to get our machine into the upstream?
Do I need to attend a release planning meeting and discuss?
I see there's a meeting on Mon 1/28, that's why I ask now.

FWIW, I have submitted a signed CCLA, and it's been accepted already.

Thanks,

  *   Dave

David Thompson
Sr. Staff Engineer, System SW