Using Stale bot to clean up issues

GUNNAR MILLS gmills at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Feb 12 14:50:04 AEDT 2019

On 2/11/2019 5:41 PM, krtaylor wrote:

> As long as the issue is closed and not deleted. I just want someone to
> be able to find an issue and reopen it, and retain all the previous
> discussion history. Of course, that assumes that someone will search
> closed issues before opening a new one, but still.

Yeah, they will just be closed, not deleted and my thought was to start
pretty lax.

Don't touch them until 6 months of inactively and then another month of
inactively in this "stale" state before closing. We can revisit this later.

> Where are you planning on hosting it?

No need to host it anywhere. It is a GitHub App.
https://developer.github.com/apps/about-apps/#about-github-apps

I installed it on a personal repository, just a couple clicks!

Need to be "an organization owner or have admin permissions in a
repository to install a GitHub App".  Will then need a .github/stale.yml

- Gunnar