MCTP protocol support in OpenBMC?

Jeremy Kerr jk at ozlabs.org
Thu Nov 15 00:59:51 AEDT 2018

Hi David and Rick,

> Does OpenBMC currently have any support for MCTP protocol layer,
> or is there a plan to deliver something like this in the future?  I’d be
> very interested to hear about any future plans related to MCTP stack.

Us too! I'm interested in looking at MCTP, and am in the middle of doing
a little prototyping with our host firmware stack.

I'd also like to avoid duplicating work though, have you (or others)
made progress on this since this initial email? I know there was a
presentation on MCTP at the recent hackathon, but I'm not sure if any
solid plans came from that.

If not, I'd be happy to sketch out an architecture for this...

Cheers,

Jeremy