help: OpenBMC phosphor-hwmon-readd support for non-hwmon drivers in linux.

A, Maheswari maheswari.a at atos.net
Fri Nov 9 21:47:58 AEDT 2018

Hi,

As of my understanding, we need to add chip specific driver support in linux hwmon feature to list the sensors in OpenBMC webUI.

1082 root      6388 S    phosphor-hwmon-readd -o /ahb/apb/i2c at 1e78a000/i2c-bus at 140/pxm1310 at XX
1083 root      6388 S    phosphor-hwmon-readd -o /ahb/apb/i2c at 1e78a000/i2c-bus at 140/ir38163 at XX
1084 root      6388 S    phosphor-hwmon-readd -o /ahb/apb/i2c at 1e78a000/i2c-bus at 1c0/mpcie_bmc_temp at XX
1085 root      6388 S    phosphor-hwmon-readd -o /ahb/apb/i2c at 1e78a000/i2c-bus at 140/pxe1610 at XX

I have added some PMBUS driver to get temp ,input values of VRs and I used exiting lm75 hwmon driver to get temperature sensors.
Added OpenBMC configuration files also.  So, I am able to list some sensors  and its exact values in openbmc WebUI.

Now,

I need to add some more temp sensors which is connected to PCA95X chip channel 0,channel 1.
PCA95X driver is already supported in linux/driver/i2c/muxes/.   But NOT listed under hwmon features.  So This chip attributes will NOT be registered as  hwmon sysfs attribute.

If I want to add this temperature sensor in OpenBMC webUI
Should I add this PCA95X driver code under hwmon?.  ( with hwmon_register and hwmon_unregister).
Please give your concern , is there any other way to add sensor attribute path to  phosphor-hwmon-readd daemon in OBMC.

Thanks
Maheswari A