Netboot full image loading AST2400

Aaron aaron_ppus at fmad.com
Thu Jul 5 18:34:21 AEST 2018

After some hacking on  obmc-init it turns out theres an even easier way to
do this via kernel boot commands.

Just need

1) set  "openbmc-init-download-files" as kernel boot arg

2) create new env var to tftp over the ro image

env set openbmcinitdownloadurl tftp://192.168.2.136/image-rofs

3) copy from the deploy/images directory the  image-rofs file to tftp root.

ast# env print
1c800b5b=0
baudrate=115200
bootargs=console=ttyS4,115200n8 root=/dev/ram rw openbmc-init-download-files
bootcmd=tftpboot 40a00000 image-current;bootm 40a80000;
bootdelay=2
ethact=FTGMAC100#0
ethaddr=00:24:EC:F0:55:6B
ipaddr=192.168.2.143
openbmcinitdownloadurl=tftp://192.168.2.136/image-rofs
serverip=192.168.2.136
spi_dma=yes
stderr=serial
stdin=serial
stdout=serial
verify=yes

Environment size: 411/65531 bytes
ast#

What I cant work out is how to get the eth0 IP set before init runs, so
hacked it into obmc-init for now.

Aaron