New repo request: phosphor-ipmi-blobs-skm

Ed Tanous ed.tanous at intel.com
Fri Dec 7 05:31:25 AEDT 2018

Can you go into a little more details on what this repository would do?
A quick google of "storage key management" didn't really turn up much in
terms of specifics.  Is there a spec or design doc you could point us at?

Some initial questions I have (assuming this repo relates to key management)

1. How would this repository relate to phosphor-certificate-manager?
Reimplementation of the same interface?  Different?  What are the major
differences that would warrant not simply putting the implementation
there?  Some of my confusion here is that phosphor-certificate-manager
has an implementation that can store certificates and private keys, and
has gone through many rounds of review on the interfaces.  I'm worried
that another key manager would simply be duplicating functionality that
already exists (although I hope not).

2. What interfaces and workflows would this implementation support?
What does this implementation let us do that we can't do already?

3. When you say the storage format is SKM specific, what does that mean?

-Ed