[NEMO-devel] summary.awk replaced with Python summary script

Ben Elliston bje at air.net.au
Fri Jan 14 15:47:35 AEDT 2022

It seems any serious NEMO development only happens during summer
holidays these days. Oh well. :-)

After a year of helping people install AWK (and explaining what AWK),
I've decided to be pragmatic and rewrite the summary.awk script in
Python. That's now done, so AWK no longer needs to be installed,
particularly on Windows systems. I have updated all of the
documentation that describes how to use the new summary script.

I hope this is an improvement. It felt long overdue.

Cheers,
Ben