[NEMO-devel] NEMO speed-ups

Ben Elliston bje at air.net.au
Sun May 17 23:24:28 AEST 2020

Hi all

I've started working on speeding up NEMO to try and make it a bit more
usable (that is, before I put a graphical front-end on it!) Through
some profiling, I have been able to speed up the innermost loop by a
factor of almost 10.

Before:
  %timeit nemo.run(c)
  1.4 s ± 6.78 ms per loop (mean ± std. dev. of 7 runs, 1 loop each)

After:
  %timeit nemo.run(c)
  174 ms ± 719 µs per loop (mean ± std. dev. of 7 runs, 10 loops each)

Cheers,
Ben