PCMCIA support for 860

Dan Malek dan at netx4.com
Tue Apr 4 05:55:12 EST 2000

Marcus Sundberg wrote:

> -#define _IO_BASE        0
> +#define _IO_BASE       0xf4000000
> +#define _IO_BASE_SIZE  0x10000
>  #define _ISA_MEM_BASE   0

You have to be very careful with this.  These definitions won't work
on any 8xx with a PCI bridge.  I get too many patches from people that
hack these around to suit their configuration and it breaks everything
else.

The correct (as best I have found :-) approach is to continue to make
IO_BASE represent the PCI/ISA space for which it is intended.  Then
separately map the PCMCIA and adjust the addresses for those drivers
based upon the IO_BASE (so in/out, and so on work).  You can also map
the PCMCIA into the PCI/ISA space as it has address decode priority
over the memory controller.

	-- Dan