Kernel WARNING at lib/vsprintf.c:2721 while running ftrace kernel selftests

Sachin Sant sachinp at linux.ibm.com
Wed Feb 28 04:36:55 AEDT 2024

> On 27-Feb-2024, at 10:38 PM, Steven Rostedt <rostedt at goodmis.org> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 27 Feb 2024 11:56:14 -0500
> Steven Rostedt <rostedt at goodmis.org> wrote:

>>> With this I see following trace
>>>
>>> [   61.327138] ------------[ cut here ]------------
>>> [   61.327159] MAX OUT OF RANGE 63492
>>
>> Well I guess there you have it ;-)
>>
>> vsprintf() doesn't like a precision of 63492!
>>
>> I'll look to see what the best way to deal with this is.
>
> Does this fix it?

Thank You. Yup this fixes the reported problem.

# ./ftracetest test.d/00basic/trace_marker.tc
=== Ftrace unit tests ===
[1] Basic tests on writing to trace_marker [PASS]
[2] (instance)  Basic tests on writing to trace_marker [PASS]

# of passed:  2
# of failed:  0
# of unresolved:  0
# of untested:  0
# of unsupported:  0
# of xfailed:  0
# of undefined(test bug):  0
#

Remaining test also completed without any issues. Based on the test results

Tested-by: Sachin Sant <sachinp at linux.ibm.com>

Thanks
— Sachin