Writing not working to CPLD/FPGA.

Christophe Leroy christophe.leroy at csgroup.eu
Mon Nov 14 00:05:20 AEDT 2022

Le 11/11/2022 à 15:27, Steven J. Hill a écrit :
> On 11/11/22 02:53, Christophe Leroy wrote:
>>
>> First of all, kernel 3.12 is prehistoric. Have you tried with latest
>> kernel, or at least with one of the long term support releases (see
>> https://www.kernel.org/category/releases.html) ?
>>
> It is what my customer wants. For this project, upgrading the kernel is
> not an option. I am using the IO accessor out_be32() along with a BAT:

That's maybe not an option for your customer, but it is a good option
for yourself to find out what the problem is. If recent kernel don't
have the problem, you can then perform a 'git bisect' in order to find
out which commit fixed the problem. Once that is done, you may backport
the fixing commit to 3.12 for your customer.

>     setbat(6, 0xe50000000, 0xe5000000, 4096*1024, PAGE_KERNEL_NCG);

Have you tried with ioremap() instead of setbat() ?

Also, what other BATs do you have in your setup ? Maybe you have some
overlapping BATs.

Christophe