P3041 What a new ethernet phy change to the device tree

Mercier Ivan ivan.mercier at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 01:49:46 EST 2013

Hi everybody,
I have 2 boards based on freescale p3041.
Ethernet works on uboot on the 2 of them but only the eval card
p3041ds works with linux.
So i start modifying the device tree on the other card (wp6.dts) and
now I can see the ethernet device in Linux but I can't configure it.

root at p3041ds:~# ifconfig fm1-gb3 10.0.0.1
fsl_dpa ethernet.14 fm1-gb3: Could not connect to PHY
/localbus at ffe124000/board-control at 3,0/mdio-mux-emi1/rgmii-mdio at 28/ethernet-phy at 1f
fsl_dpa ethernet.14 fm1-gb3: init_phy() = -19
ifconfig: SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such device

It seems to be a phy address misconfiguration on mdio bus but I don't
exactly know what to change on my device tree.
Can anyone look at my two device trees?

thanks a lot