fsl_udc_core not initializing properly?

Matthew L. Creech mlcreech at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 05:01:57 EST 2011

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 3:52 AM, Anatolij Gustschin <agust at denx.de> wrote:

> Look at the USB node in the device tree for your board. Does it
> contain the "dr_mode" property? For USB gadget the value of this
> property should be "peripheral".
> The device tree for MPC8313 ERDB in mainline tree doesn't specify
> this property, so the host mode is the default operation mode here.
> Therefore the platform device "fsl-usb2-udc" won't be created
> while booting and since there is no appropriate platform device,
> the probing is not done. This might be the case on your board,
> too. Try with dr_mode = "peripheral"; in the usb node in your
> device tree.

Yes, it's there.  Here's the DTS entry in case anything else sticks out:

		usb at 23000 {
			compatible = "fsl-usb2-dr";
			reg = <0x23000 0x1000>;
			#address-cells = <1>;
			#size-cells = <0>;
			interrupt-parent = <&ipic>;
			interrupts = <38 0x8>;
			phy_type = "utmi_wide";
			dr_mode = "peripheral";
			sleep = <&pmc 0x00300000>;
		};

I think dr_mode was required in past kernel versions as well (since I
seem to recall bumping in to the problem you describe a long time ago
when we first tried to get device-mode USB working).  :)

Thanks

--
Matthew L. Creech