CAN Subsystem and MPC52xx onboard controller

Roman Fietze roman.fietze at telemotive.de
Thu Jun 10 18:41:27 EST 2010

Hello List Members,

I have tried multiple versions/branches and git repos (torvalds,
benh/{next,master}, denx, pengutronix, ...) to get a 2.6.34 or HEAD
version of that repos that compiles w/o errors when the CAN subsystem
is enabled and the MPC5xxx onboard driver is selected starting with
the lite5200b_defconfig.

Until now I'm out of luck. If other's also have compile problems I can
of course offer to try to dig into the sources.

Q0:

I'm somewhat unsure what repos to use in general to develop using the
2.6 on a Lite5200B compatible board (for the 2.4 we always used the
DENX repos).

Q1:

And which one is "good" or "better" for CAN+MPC52xx if that's
different?

Thanks for any enlightenment

Roman

--
Roman Fietze                Telemotive AG Büro Mühlhausen
Breitwiesen                              73347 Mühlhausen