SMU-base PowerMac and server_mode

Romain Goyet r.goyet at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 22:44:08 EST 2009

Hi Michel :-)
Acutally I didn't figure it out by myself :
http://saintaardvarkthecarpeted.com/blog/archive/2005/02/THE_WINE_OF_BOOT.html

However, here's my 2 cents about it :
1/ The fix (removing "screen" line in ofboot.b on yaboot partition) doesn't
work with all versions of the yaboot binary. Works with the one from Debian.
Doesn't with yaboot-static on GentooPPC64. But you still can fetch the right
binary from the .deb archive
2/ Another possible solution can be to hook up a DVI-> VGA adapter, and plug
in a resistor between the right pins (don't remember which) so that yaboot
thinks a display is plugged in

Hope that helps !!

 - Romain