ramdisk decompression error

Yixuan Qin wlpstxzhd at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 03:51:15 EST 2009

Dear all,

I'm new to this list. I'm installing the Embedded Linux on a Xilinx FPGA
PPC405. The first question is that I have 1GB memory, and passed the
standalone memory test. But when installing linux, I have to setup only to
use 512MB memory in the device tree in order to boot the linux successfully,
otherwise it gave an error of stack overflow. The second question is when I
use a small size ramdisk, i.e. 4MB, the linux boots successfully, but when I
use bigger one, i.e. 16MB, it fails most of the time, but in rare case, it
succeeds. It either complains ramdisk decompression error, or cannot find
init. It looks my system is very unstable, I recon it's the problem of
memory, but it already passed with the whole memory test. Could you expert
give any suggestion?

Many thanks,

Simon