What is with all these unsubscribe messages

David Miller davem at davemloft.net
Tue Jan 6 12:59:35 EST 2009

From: Ben Warren <biggerbadderben at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 17:27:06 -0800

> I expect they're all people, like myself, that have been bumped here
> from the ppc_embedded list and aren't used to all the traffic.

This is why, as a policy, we never allow propagation of subscribers
from old lists to new ones created at vger.kernel.org

Everyone must go through the motions of adding themselves to the new
list.

If you allow the propagation, it's essentially an act of putting
someone onto a mailing list without having their permission to do so.

And the result is what we've seen here for the past few days.  If
those people on the embedded list were truly interested in the
linuxppc-dev list content, they would have added themselves.