Small fixes for the Ebony device tree

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Tue May 15 16:28:09 EST 2007

> Anyone have any objection to the following:  each of these controllers
> should have compatible properties listing 3 string, first, a specific
> version for the CPU in question (e.g "ibm,sdram-440gp"), then a string
> based on the type as listed below, finally "ibm,sdram-4xx".

Is that last entry ever useful?  Do all those controllers
have something in common?

>> SDRAM:		all 40x (except for 405EZ)
> 	ibm,sdram-40x
>
>> DDR:		440GP, 440GX, 440EP, 440GR
> 	ibm,sdram-44x-ddr
>
>> DDR2:		440SP, 440SPe
> 	ibm,sdram-44x-ddr2
>
>> DDR2 (Denali):	440EPx, 440GRx
> 	ibm,sdram-44x-ddr2denali

Is this one a superset of the previous one?  If so,
put both names in.

> Seem reasonable?

It's better to say 440 than 44x, maybe all "441" parts
will be totally different.  I don't know what to do
with 40x; maybe say 405 as that seems to be the most
common chip.  OTOH, you don't have to deal with that
right now :-)

Segher