pci in arch/powerpc vs arch/ppc

Alexandros Kostopoulos akostop at inaccessnetworks.com
Tue Aug 7 19:06:46 EST 2007

Except from some macros arch/powerpc/include/asm/io.h / mpc8260_pci9.h, I
can seem to find anywhere the code regarding PCI Erratum 9. The defined
macros(in io.h) for read/write are sufficient as a workaround for PCI9?
Who does DMA and register initialization for this (it used to be done in
arch/ppc/syslib/m8260_pci_erratum9.c in arc/ppc). Maybe u-boot or the
bootwrapper?

Another question regarding resource allocation: when
alloc_resource(pci_32.c), called from pcibios_allocate_resources(), during
pcibios init, attempts to allocate resources using request_resource(), the
request fails. This seems to happen because the previously scanned PCI
devices request resources in the form, e.g. 00000- 0000f (i.e. starting
 from zero), and this should be mapped somewhere else in cpu mem space. My
question (in order to find my bug) is, who performs this mapping, from PCI
space to CPU space, the kernel (and if yes, where?) or the host bridge (in
which case, I've probably failed to configure it properly).

Thank you