[RFC] powerpc: cell interrupt controller updates

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Mar 21 17:27:22 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 00:20 +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:

> The interrupt-parent relationship between the spider and iic controllers
> is just an approximation, each spider pic can also send interrupts to any
> other interrupt controller in the system (all six of them, if you count
> the SMT threads as separate interrupt targets), but for best performance, it
> is usually wise to use local interrupt delivery.

We could either express that by having a new property that we could call
"multiple-parents" or something like that with a list of parents... or
we could have a "virtual" iic that is a single controller in the
device-tree (the later makes a lot of sense I think) with sub-nodes for
the actual iic's to be used maybe by the iic driver for probing... I
still need to think about that one though..

Ben.