mv64x60 updates

James Chapman jchapman at katalix.com
Mon Mar 7 23:30:19 EST 2005

Hi Nicolas,

A few general comments:-

- mv64x60 stuff is best posted to linuxppc-embedded

- you change several generic files to support your platform. It should
   be possible to support new mv64x60 platforms by writing a new
   xxx_setup.c file in arch/ppc/platforms with no other generic changes.
   It is a goal that all mv64x60 boards can be supported by the generic
   code in arch/ppc/syslib. If some changes need to be made outside
   arch/ppc/platforms to support your board, try to make them generic so
   that other similar boards would be able to use them. I suggest you
   clone chrp_setup.c or katana.c rather than adding conditionals in
   chrp_setup.c for your board. Then use code in your board specific
   setup file to call arch/ppc/syslib mv64x60 routines as appropriate.

- you shouldn't need to add board-specific changes in mv643xx_eth.c.
   Setup device platform data for your board in your platform file.
   If something needs to be added to the platform data for a generic
   change to mv643xx_eth, do that rather than add platform conditionals
   in the driver.

- why do you need to use SA_SHIRQ in the ethernet driver?

/james