hda errors on iBook G4

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Sat Oct 23 01:59:23 EST 2004

On 22 Oct 2004 at 17h10, Colin Leroy wrote:

Hi,

> I noticed hda status errors in my iBook G4's dmesg quite a long time
> ago, but never looked any more... Today I just ran tests with hdparm
> and this looks like really reproduceable:

I found one strange thing in drivers/ide/ppc/pmac.c:

pmac_ide_do_setfeature(ide_drive_t *drive, u8 command) {...}

pmac_ide_udma_enable(ide_drive_t *drive, u16 mode)
{...
	ret = pmac_ide_do_setfeature(drive, mode);
...}

We really want to pass u16 to the function taking an u8 arg?
(just a wild shot, it's probably wanted, but i thought i'd share).

--
Colin