SMP troubles with a 2.6.7 kernel running on a PReP machine!

Rieger, Sebastian sebastian.rieger at gwdg.de
Wed Jul 21 17:50:56 EST 2004

Hi linuxppc-dev list!

I've got some probs running linux kernel with smp on a dual 604e PPC
(PReP arch...). Kernel runs fine without SMP - even with SMP turned on
it works for about 10-20 minutes, obviously depending on the load...
then the machine simply dead locks - I can't login anymore via network
or serial. Can you tell me some way to debug and give you a more precise
description - or even some kind of workaround? thanks in advance... BTW
using 2.4.26, SMP works fine, too...

Sebastian Rieger