Sound stoppage on PowerCenter 132

Michael R. Zucca mrz5149 at acm.org
Wed Jul 25 01:58:38 EST 2001

Ok, it's been a long time since I last posted. I've been busy :-)

I rsync'd the benh-2.4 tree from 7/24 and compiled it. I checked the awacs
driver and it seems to contain the code which handles the DMA DEAD
condition.

The problem still seems to be the same. If I play an mp3 using mpg123, the
song plays fine. However, if I introduce enough PCI traffic (like, say,
opening up Netscape in X for my ATI PCI video card), the song stops dead
(no sound) but the mpg123 seems to stick around, presumably waiting on the
device.

The code "seems" more robust under X but that could just be my imagination. :-)

BTW, I have a PowerCenter 132 with a 750 upgrade in it, if that makes any
difference.

Thanks.

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149 at acm.org - http://www.mdc.net/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill