controlfb problem (on XFree86-4.0.1 off the penguinppc.org development tree)

Michel Dänzer daenzerm at student.ethz.ch
Wed Nov 22 22:33:17 EST 2000

Michel Lanners wrote:

> On  21 Nov, this message from Jens Tingleff echoed through cyberspace:
> >> That problem I fixed for me with a patch you can find here:
> >>
> >> http://www.cpu.lu/~mlan/linux/dev/xf4.html
> >>

> > Actually, I did roll this patch into my modifications. Could it be that
> > the development tree on penguinppc.org doesn't have these patches at
> > the moment?
>
> That could be; I never got any positive feedback of any patch that fixes
> this problem getting close enough to official XFree to be swallowed ;-)
>
> The patch I'm using isn't clean enough for that... and it might even not
> work for all resolutions/depths; never tried...

AFAICS everything except the very last chunk (is it important?) of your patch
has been integrated in one form or another into XFree86 CVS as a patch of mine
(the one I asked you to test, Michel) was accepted. Have you looked at the
XFree86 CVS lately?

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project