new imac and compiling kernels, ...

Sven LUTHER luther at maxime.u-strasbg.fr
Fri Oct 22 00:07:59 EST 1999

Hello, ...

my current ppc machine just died this weekend, and i am considering buying one
of the new imacs to replace it. I know they are not yet supported. There is no
problem for me in working some to make it work more, but it will be my only
computer.

So my question is, is there any posibility to compile a working kernel under
macos ? is gcc ported to macos ? if yes i could build a cross compiler like i
did when my only machine was a 68040 equiped amiga. If not, does anyone have an
idea if darwin or mklinux will boot on this machine ? Are there other
possibilities ?

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER