How to get latest vger 2.2 sources???

Lou Langholtz ldl at chpc.utah.edu
Wed Oct 13 10:33:23 EST 1999

This has got to be one of the most frequently asked question that still
isn't in a FAQ somewhere I can find:

How does one get the latest 2.2 linux kernel sources from vger or from
cvs.on.openprojects.net or where ever else the best PPC specific sources
are? www.kernel.org kernels seem way off what others report from using
the vger tree.

"cvs -z3 checkout linux" only gets me the 2.3 tree. What's the tag for
the 2.2 tree? I could have sworn someone else just asked this on this
email list or on the linux ppc newsgroup and now I'm kicking myself that
I didn't pay more attention to the answers they got. I can't find them
in any archive either.

Thanks!!!