[Lguest] PSE

Matias Zabaljauregui zabaljauregui at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 02:38:07 EST 2009

Ron,

The code was working when I submitted it to the list, so I guess I could
easily rewrite it for you.

But probably Rusty is right in not being interested in PSE.
In the current version of the patch, Guest large pages (4mb with NOPAE
and 2mb with PAE) are backed with 4kb pages in the host. So it's not
giving us any performance improve.

Maybe my next question for Rusty should be:
   do you think it is possible to back guest large pages with host large
pages ? and in the case the answer is affirmative, would it be a
desirable feature for lguest ?

Thanks !

Matias