Elimination of of_platform_bus_type remains in devicetree/next

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Tue Mar 1 07:59:37 EST 2011

Hi Stephen,

I've just pushed a big change out to my devicetree/next branch which
removes most users of of_platform_driver.  This gets rid of almost all
the remaining users.  ibmebus and macintosh are the last holdouts, but
they're pretty isolated and don't use the ugly shim that was in
drivers/of/platform.c.

This change very likely will break a few things.  I've done my best to
test it over many configurations, but I make no guarantees.  I've also
performed a test merge with linux-next, and am checking it for
breakage now.  You might want to move devicetree/next to the back of
the queue for your merge tonight (or whatever else you like to do to
mitigate damage).  :)

Let me know if it causes you any problems.

Thanks,

Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.
Secret Lab Technologies Ltd.