[RFC] MPIC Bindings and Bindings for AMP Systems

Blanchard, Hollis Hollis_Blanchard at mentor.com
Wed Jan 5 07:14:47 EST 2011

On 12/23/2010 01:49 PM, Meador Inge wrote:

> We can't just remove the IRQ of the _other_ OS from the 'interrupts'
> property in the message node because we need to know the IRQ in order
> to talk to the other OS.  So, we use protected sources to tell the OS
> that an IRQ is not available for its own use, while at the same time
> keeping
> complete information on all the IRQ mappings for the message registers.
There's a simpler and more fundamental problem: the Linux MPIC driver
initializes the "VECPRI" register for all interrupt sources (which is
how you associate a source with a vector). We need the Linux driver not
to do this.

(The "no-reset" property solves a related problem: it tells the driver
not to use the hardware's special "reset all registers" bit.)

Hollis Blanchard
Mentor Graphics, Embedded Systems Division