[ccan] iniparser re-branding

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Thu Nov 11 13:12:58 EST 2010

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 11:09:14 am Adam Kennedy wrote:
> So if iniparser is removed from the repo, nobody else can write a CCAN
> package that depends on iniparser. It becomes an external dependency
> someone has to fulfill, which ultimately is just too darned
> inconvenient as the dependency graph grows.

Absolutely agreed.  And when CCAN takes over the world, this will happen
by itself.

But it won't be because libraries are copied into CCAN, it'll be because
they're *moved* there by the authors who want to offload all the gruntwork
and make it easier for people to use it.  We'll need some good tools for
supporting things that serious libraries care about (ie. ABI stuff, and
probably creating autoconf-style releases), but that's a Simple Matter Of
Code and someone trying to do it and seeing what issues they hit...

(Oh, and I checked: there are no internal deps on ciniparser at
the moment).

Cheers,
Rusty.