[Cbe-oss-dev] ps3vram performance

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 08:13:05 EST 2009

Hi,

How fast is ps3vram supposed to be? For me swap on ps3vram works noticeably
slower than swap on hdd (if benchmarked by a simple program which allocates
a large buffer and then reads/writes bytes at pseudo-random locations).

Also 'dd if=/dev/ps3vram of=/dev/null bs=1M' shows throughput something
like 29MB/s and this does not look very impressive. Does anybody have
better performance? I probably have some non-optimal kernel
configuration (using 2.6.29 kernel), but first would like to
know what level of performance is normally expected.

--
Best regards,
Siarhei Siamashka