[Cbe-oss-dev] unpredictable shutdowns

Akos Marton makos999 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 22:26:56 EST 2009

Dear List,

Fedora Core 9 is installed on one of my SONY PS3s. This machine
shutdowns after unpredictable uptimes (after 4-7 days, but the last
was 12 hour). I haven't got any idea why it's happening. It is
embarrassing, because I am working on these machines with remote
shell. This machine situated in a rack, but I think there isn't high
temperature, or may?
Have you got any idea, how could I debug or see a posted log (syslog,
kernel log, etc.) about this problem? I can't figure out what kind of
problem is it: hardware or software...
Every idea could be good, to thinking about this problem.
I think that for short-time period useful the wake-on-lan solution,
but during the computational time a shutdown is very big problem, when
this machine falls out from the computational-ring.

Sincerely,

Akos Marton
--
People seldom notice clothes, if you wear a big smile.
http://counter.li.org/