[c-lightning] Core Lightning Hack Week: Activity Report + Next Steps

niftynei niftynei at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 06:33:11 AEDT 2023

Hi list,

Two weeks ago we held an informal Core Lightning hack week in Austin.
Thanks to everyone that was able to attend. Here's a short report from
participants about what they worked on/accomplished. Please feel free to
reach out to them about helping/contributing to what they're working on.

## Next Steps:
Austin at the PlebLab. Note that this places it exactly 1 week ahead of the
bitcoin++ developer conference (https://btcpp.dev), which is also happening
in Austin May 1-4.

## Activity Report:
@endothermicdev: I worked on a gossip store update, installed and learned a
bit about clboss. Also updated the startup regtest script to enable clnrest
and autogenerate runes.

@farscapian: 1) Updated Prism plugin to support more flexible API. 2)
Integrated CLBOSS into LNPlay.

@toneloc: I was able to 1) create a CLN plugin for the UTXOracle project
and 2) make further progress on a Stable Channels to plugin to keep one
side of a CLN channel stable in USD terms; the other side is levered long
BTC.

@chrisguida: I started reworking Smaug's backend to use bitcoind instead of
Esplora, I made a small fix to `nix develop` on CLBOSS, and I helped
Michael get set up with a dev environment for adding the bookkeeper
dashboard to cln-application. But mostly I just got really inspired and had
lots of cool ideas for future directions for CLN and CLBOSS :)

@ksedgwic: Worked (still working) on an extension to CLBOSS which seeks
nodes with liquidity ads and establishes balanced channels with them.

@evansmj: Worked on a node channel visualizer.
Worked on a bookkeeper dashboard for integration in cln-application.
Opened pr to fix `bind-addr` docs.
Merged pr to cln-application that makes script work on zsh not just bash.

@niftynei:  updated the liquidity ads spec
- redesigned liquidity ad buy flow (PR in progress)

~nifty